Thursday, 10 May 2007

Second coptic book: "Lemons"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my second coptic book. I’m not quite happy with how the stencilling turned out and am thinking about how to improve it. Perhaps I will make a leather cover for this one.


As in the first book, the stitching is not as tight as I would have liked, but the shaded thread I used lined up beautifully and made a nice pattern on the spine:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think I should be able to get an even more interesting pattern by using two needles and two contrasting colours of thread. I could probably work it out myself how to make two-needle coptic stitching, but I would prefer to find some instructions :-)


Here is a close up of the stitching:Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The stitches are not quite as well defined as I would have liked, but I suppose that will come with practice and perhaps stiffer thread.

No comments: