Monday, 23 July 2012

Finally, a post

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't posted here for ages. So here is a very small sample of what I have been doing since I last posted. I have been delving into crochet lately, especially amigurumi.

I recently came across a free pattern for a dragon by crochet designer Lucy Ravenscar. She calls it her Fierce Little Dragon. The pattern is available for free on Ravelry, and she has at least one other dragon pattern available for sale on Ravelry and Etsy.

I gave it a bit of a tweak - I couldn't resist giving him a little tuft of hair on the top of his head, and I also added the point to his tail. I also twisted together a couple of pipe cleaners and put them into the core of the tail so I could pose it. I only wish I had done what Anita did: she added wire to the wings to make them poseable. Check out her version of the dragon - it looks really good.


Posing for the camera.


"I'm just stalking the camera. Really, I am. I'm certainly not giving you the 'cute puppy' look. "


"Please, mom. Picke me up. Please, pleeeaaaassseeee!"


"When will you be done with the camera? I wanna play!"



"Weeeeeeeeee! Freedom at last!"

More versions:
Coney Crochets made it in purple.
The blogger at Crafty Bit made it in grey.
Julie made a big one in blue.
Finally, here are more dragons by Lucy Ravenscar.

1 comment:

Anita - AnniesGranny said...

He is just great!! I just love the last picture of him, he really look it: Free at last! :-)