Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Beads and wire

These days, I'm working a lot with beads and wire. I am using both bought beads (resin, plastic, glass, lava, metal), but also paper beads I make myself, from some of the numerous advertising leaflets that come in through the letter slot in my apartment building and usually end up, unread, in the recycling bin.

I'm making projects of my own invention, but also cool stuff I have found on the web. Here are some examples of the latter:

Instructions on how to make this beaded fellow can be found here.


The ornaments below are made with wire, some of my paper beads and seed beads and bugle beads. The red star is made with paper beads I varnished with red nail polish, and the four-pointed star is made using the same basic method as the five-pointed ones.

Click here to learn how to make the five-pointed stars and here to learn how to make the little ornaments to the right in the photo. The instructions for the latter are given in words only, and are for fishing line rather than wire, but I used fine flower wire instead and it worked fine.



Click here to learn how to make the flower ornament below. I put accent beads on both sides to make it reversible and also added the seed beads that run down the sides, as I didn't want to have bare wire there. To make them like this, you need to cut your wire slightly longer than instructed. Click here to see a video tutorial on how to make them in miniature.


No comments: